Let me start by saying I love breakfast! This is an easy to make, fun to eat, healthy breakfast that takes twelve minutes to make. Your kids will love this and so will you. As my Swedish grandmother use to say to me when I was a kid and didn’t want to eat my breakfast, “You can’t run a car without gas!” So make sure you make time in the morning to fill your tank with good quality food so you can start your day revved up and raring to go.
Things you’ll need to make two sandwiches:
2 organic eggs
4 slices of a russet potato (thinly sliced)
2 tablespoons extra virgin cold pressed olive oil
1 cap full of Bragg’s organic apple cider with the mother
A pinch of Celtic Sea salt (my personal favorite)
A pinch of ground pepper
A sprinkle of fresh rosemary
A few slices of your favorite fruit
-Peel the potato and cut into thin slices. (About the thickness of three potato chips stacked on top of each other.) Then rinse the slices under cold water.
-In a small skillet heat two tablespoons of olive oil. Just enough to cover the bottom of the pan thoroughly and heat over low to medium flame.
– Place potato slices in the pan and sprinkle each slice with salt, pepper and rosemary.
– Cook them for about 10 minutes turning them frequently. Until golden brown and tender.( Should be slightly crispy on the outside but tender when poked with a fork.)
While the potatoes are cooking lets start the poached eggs.
-Fill a small saucepan with water and add a cap full of organic apple cider vinegar with the mother.
-Place the saucepan on the stovetop and heat over a medium flame. You don’t want the water to come to a rolling boil. Wait till you see little bubbles form on the bottom of the pan that rise up to the top of the water. (Roughly about 5 minutes)
– Then crack the eggs and gently place them in the water. Cooking time about 5 minutes.
– Place the cooked potato slices on a plate
– With a slotted spoon remove the eggs one at a time and place each on top of its own potato slice.
– Then place the remaining two potato slices on top of each egg to create your sandwich.
Serve with your favorite sliced fruit.